Index to Public Lands News of July 28, 2017
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* HOUSE MONEY BILL MOVING; SENATE DIFFERS. House panel sends super-tight FY 2018 bill to the House floor. Senators would spend $600M more.
* HOUSE, SENATE DEMS FIGHT DOI REORGANIZATION. But House panel rejects consultation with the Hill on SES transfers. Senators petition IG.
* ZINKE STICKS TO THREE MONUMENT BOUNDARIES. Says he would not alter Canyons of the Ancients, Craters of the Moon, Hanford. Cascade-Siskiyou, no?
* BLM FORMALLY PROPOSES FRACKING RULE END. Would rescind regs that never went into effect because of court order. No new regulation needed?
* HARD ROCK ROYALTY NOT POPULAR WITH GOP. Trump recommendation of a royalty study brings out critics from his party. Permitting pushed.
* FWS ENDORSES FIVE ESA LIMITATION BILLS. Tells House committee it would accept measures giving states more say, limiting lawsuits, etc.
* HOUSE BUDGET BOOSTS ANWR DEVELOPMENT. Includes provision directing line committee to come up with money from ANWR. Budget not guaranteed.
* SAGE-GROUSE PLANS TARGETED, BUT NOT ON LIST. Zinke moves to alter 98 BLM and FS plans, but not on list of rules Trump would alter/kill.
* KING COVE ROAD GIVEN HOUSE OKAY. Bill would order land exchange to grant access for medical care. Critics object to giving up wilderness.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.