Index to Public Lands News of January 18, 2019
Index to the current issue:
* APPROPRIATIONS PICTURE STILL CLOUDY. Dems keep bringing up spending proposals that the Senate won’t accept, including a stand-alone DoI money bill. Dems offered interim CRs this week, to no avail.
* CLOSURE PRODUCES HARD FEELINGS. Dems and environmentalists object to continued operations during closure, including O&G APDs and use of park fee money for operations. Utahns ask for exemption for parks.
* TRUMP WILDFIRE POLICY UPS TIMBER SALES. Would increase fiscal year 2019 goals for FS and BLM by 800 mmbf. Also targets hazardous fuels.
* BLM O&G OPERATIONS CONTINUE WITH FEES. Because APD permitting uses non-appropriated user fees, BLM can pay employees to process permits.
* OMNIBUS LANDS BILL REAPPEARS ON HILL. Contains more than 100 individual bills, including LWCF renewal. Senate committed to early action.
* DOI IG QUESTIONS SMALL MINER PROGRAM. Says it’s not clear if BLM is ensuring that miners with fee exemptions are doing assessment work.
* HOUSE DEMS REVISE LAND SALES RULE. Would require offsets for assets transferred under disposals, reversing GOP rule of last Congress.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.