Index to Public Lands News of November 8, 2019
Index to the current issue:
* CONGRESS FINALLY MOVING ON APPROPS. BROAD disagreements between House and Senate on money and riders suggest difficult conference. Federal shutdown maybe. Near agreement on BLM move, wild horses and Chaco.
* HOUSE APPROVES THREE BIG ENERGY BILLS; THE SENATE? Bills would bar O&G leasing near Chaco, withdraw 1 million acres near Grand Canyon, and withdraw Thompson Divide from O&G leasing. Senate unlikely to act.
* HILL NEARS WILD HORSE AGREEMENT. With Senate approval of approps bill. Both House and Senate would launch pilot program to reduce numbers.
* FIRE ‘FIX’ MAY BE TRIGGERED IN TIME TO HELP. As FY 2020 fire season gets off to destructive start, Congress moves to approve emergency fix.
* DOI BACKS OFF FROM FOIA RESTRICTIONS. Final rule will not require applicants to identify precisely documents that they are seeking.
* SAGE-GROUSE INJUNCTION HITS O&G SALES. Nevada BLM pulls 332,000 acres from next week’s sale. Enviros extend O&G attacks to California.
* BLM RETIREES CAMPAIGN TO BLOCK HQ MOVE. Start fundraising campaign so they can lobby against DoI plan to move 500 employees to the West.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.