Index to Public Lands News of December 7, 2018
Index to the current issue:
* ZINKE AND GRIJALVA GO NUCLEAR. Secretary says Grijalva, incoming chairman of oversight committee, drinks too much. Grijalva said Zinke should resign because of personal and professional improprieties.
* HILL NEGOTIATORS MAY DUMP FIRE PROVISIONS. Tentative agreement on Farm Bill said to leave out most House hazardous fuels projects items.
* LAME-DUCK SESSION HAS TWO MORE WEEKS. Congress takes a break to honor President George H.W. Bush and put off laundry list of legislation.
* USGS SEES BIG PUBLIC LANDS CLIMATE IMPACT. Fed lands contribute to nearly a quarter of GHGs domestically. Eclipsed by larger climate report.
* ALASKA PANEL PUSHES FS ROADLESS USES. Governor’s advisory committee calls for increased access to timber, transportation, minerals in rule.
* INTERIM SPENDING BILL BUYS TIME. Measure keeps government going until December 21. Wall disagreements, Bush death defer immediate action.
* CRITICS SEEK TO BLOCK ENERGY ROYALTY MEET. Ask court to prevent meeting because of nonpublic discussions. Part of charges of bias in panel.
* ENERGY BILLS BARELY ALIVE ON HILL. AS TIME RUNS OUT. Senate has a big, comprehensive bill, the House several small ones. Last GOP shot?
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.