Index to Public Lands News of June 14, 2019
Index to the current issue:
* ADMINISTRATION OUTLINES CRITICAL MINERALS PLAN. A major goal - moving permits quickly. Crucial details to come. Meanwhile, Dems, GOP battle over broader Mining Law. All minerals or just critical ones?
* BIG N.M. O&G SALES LAWSUIT TARGET. Environmentalists repeat charge that administration failed to consider climate change adequately. Suit challenges three lease sales that grossed more than $1.1 billion.
* CONGRESS OKAYS $720M WILDFIRE PAYBACK. To FS, after Trump drops demand for border wall aid in emergency bill. Fire ‘fix’ money also moves.
* PUBLIC LANDS MONEY BILL FACES BUDGET HURDLE. It’s moving smartly in House but Senate is waiting on a budget deal. Old budget limits on table.
* BLM HAS DIFFERENT OPINIONS ABOUT LAND BILLS. Sympathetic to measure to bar O&G leasing near Chaco. Criticizes Grand Canyon uranium ban.
* BLM CONTINUES TO PUSH COAL LEASING. Backs four LBA coal leases that court said lacked adequate climate impact review. BLM wrote a new EA.
* PEERS CRITICIZE WOLF DELISTING PROPOSAL. Among other things scientists say FWS did not describe habitat fully. Enviros even more critical.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.