Index to Public Lands News of June 16, 2017
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* ZINKE BEGINS MONUMENT SHRINKAGE CAMPAIGN. Recommends that President
Trump reduce Bears Ears by an unspecified amount. Lawsuit certain.
* ZINKE SAGE-GROUSE POLICY WOULD DEFER TO STATES. Orders review of BLM and FS plans to give states more options. Budget would also cut back.
* FS CHIEF BACKS EMERGENCY FIRE DISASTER CAP. Follows lead of Secretary Perdue. Simpson, Westerman introduce different bills to transfer costs.
* ZINKE MAKES CASE FOR ENERGY DEVELOPMENT. Tells appropriators that fed revenues have plummeted, money that could lower maintenance backlog.
* BLM, EPA DELAYING METHANE RULES TWO YEARS. Cite objections from the O&G industry about regulatory uncertainty. Enviros say not legal.
* BLM RETIREES BACK WILD HORSE DISPOSAL. They support disputed budget plan to authorize BLM to sell for slaughter unadoptable horses.
* REPORT REPEATS: MONUMENTS MAKE MONEY. Third iteration of greens report says older monuments help communities. Utah official disagrees.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.
* FEDERAL PARKS & RECREATION ADDENDUM.