Index to Public Lands News of November 9, 2018
Index to the current issue:
* POLLSTERS GET IT RIGHT, FOR ONCE. Dems win a majority in House and GOP retains control of Senate. Grijalva promises to go after Zinke, et al. House subcommittee chairs uncertain. Familiar faces in Senate?
* GOP MUST MAKE HAY IN LAME DUCK. With Democratic capture of House, the fall/winter session gives GOP best shot at energy and ESA changes.
* BLM MODIFIES O&G POLICY IN ROCKIES. In response to magistrate’s decision it pulls parcels from huge lease sales in sage-grouse habitat.
* IBLA IS BACK IN BUSINESS AFTER LUCIA. DoI resolves uncertain status of judges by having the secretary ratify their appointment on his own.
* ZINKE WANTS DOI REORGANIZATION BY JULY. Would consolidate field offices and put them under jurisdiction of regions. Dems may have a say.
* ZINKE INVESTIGATION GOES TO JUSTICE. IG asks a review of proposed real estate deal in Montana. Grijalva promises his own investigation.
* COLORADANS REJECT FRACKING RESTRICTIONS. Voters vote no to 2,500-foot limits near schools, hospitals, homes, parks, etc. on private land.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.