Index to Public Lands News of September 14, 2018
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* OIL AND GAS SALES SET RECORDS. New Mexico sale yields $1 billion. Utah sale is somewhat less productive. More coming in December. But greens, sportsmen and some politicians worry about environmental impacts.
* EPA MOVES TO EASE METHANE RULES. Proposes regs that would reverse or revise Obama rules for operators. BLM final rule also expected.
* APPROPRIATIONS CONFEREES MEETING. An attempt by Congress to move spending bills on time. But Trump veto threats may stymie the legislation.
* WILDFIRE DEBATE BEGINS IN FARM BILL CONFAB. Crucial senators mum thus far on House wildfire provisions. House participants open up.
* IBLA BROUGHT TO A HALT BY LUCIA DECISION. Supreme Court decision spurs debate about process used to select administrative law judges.
* ALASKA SETTING UP FS ROADLESS PANEL. To advise on looming FS action to craft a roadless rule for the state separate from national rule.
* SENATORS WORKING ON SRS EXTENSION. Crapo and Wyden supposedly backing plan again to make program permanent. House Dems promote PILT.
* BLM MOVING SWIFTLY ON NPRA O&G PROJECT. Completes EIS on Mooses Tooth 2 proposal. Part of big ConocoPhillips plan to help fill pipeline.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.