Index to Public Lands News of February 15, 2019
Index to the current issue:
* SENATE HANDILY APPROVES OMNIBUS BILL. Rejects Lee amendment seeking limits on monument authority. More than 100 bills wrapped in one, led by LWCF reauthorization. Leaders may welcome in House committee.
* FINAL APPROPS BILL TEETERS ON THE EDGE. Appropriators agree on border security deal, which could free Interior money. Trump wavering.
* O&G SALES IN WESTERN STATES SET FOR MARCH. Despite the shutdown and complaints from critics. BLM does withhold tracts near Chaco.
* HOUSE DEMS WOULD PROTECT MONUMENTS. Introduce bill that would lock in broad acreages for existing sites, forbid Presidential reductions.
* BERNHARDT CHOICE AT DOI DRAWS CRITICISM. Bernhardt is kind of a safe nominee because Senate confirmed him once. But long knives are out.
* ANWR O&G LEASING FACES COMPLICATIONS. Seismic testing canceled for this winter. Dems introduce bill to block. Leasing is still on track.
* ENVIROS WANT TO COMMENT ON UTAH ROADLESS PLAN. Before petition is sent to FS, rather than wait and comment on EIS. Utah did hold hearings.
* SENATORS FRET ABOUT SRS PAYMENTS OLD, NEW. Want FY 2018 allocation ASAP. Introduce bill to extend county payments program into FY 2019.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.