Index to Public Lands News of December 1, 2017
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* TAX PACKAGE WITH ANWR LEASING TOO CLOSE TO CALL. Senate floor vote due with some GOP members undecided. CBO backs Murkowski estimate of $1.1B in revenues, but no guarantee. First sale of 400,000-plus acres.
* APPROPS POSITIONS STAKED OUT. But extension of interim levels probable. Senate committee posts ‘mark’ with more money, controversial riders.
* SENATORS BACK END TO FIRE BORROWING. Senate Appropriations Committee includes provision to shift to disaster spending in FY 2018 ‘mark.’
* ALASKA EXEMPTION FROM FS ROADLESS RULE SOUGHT. Amendment in Senate money bill revives old battle over Tongass forest. Would overrule courts.
* DEMS’ ENERGY BILL OFFERS RESTRAINTS. All-encompassing measure would hike fossil fuel royalties, keep in place methane and fracking regs.
* TRUMP PUBLIC LANDS PERSONNEL MOVES QUESTIONED. Advocate of public lands disposal is acting BLM head. Senate policymaker votes on hold.
* BILL ATTACKS COAL-LEASE MORATORIUMS. House committee approves measure to require Congressional approval. Zinke has already revoked last one.
* ZINKE TRAVELS OF INTEREST TO IG. Inspector General says she has received too little data thus far. Bernhardt blames it on Obama people.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.