Index to Public Lands News of June 15, 2018
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* SENATE PANEL OKAYS RIDERLESS MONEY BILL. Well, almost riderless, compared to measure approved by House committee. Senate committee includes extra $900M for emergency wildfires. House panel rejects Dems’ attacks.
* FASTER O&G APPROVALS GIVEN SUPPORT. By House GOP, by royalty committee and, most important, by BLM in form of memo pushing quick actions.
* BIG FED REORGANIZATION NEARS. Always a chance OMB will seek to move FS to DoI. Meanwhile, Zinke is trying to transfer troops to the field.
* SENATE FARM BILL LESS CONTENTIOUS. Than House in forest policies. Does not promote hazardous fuels CXs, exempt Alaska from roadless rule.
* SENATE GOING EASY ON DOD PROVISIONS. Unlike House would not yet set mining permit deadlines, speed DoD withdrawals and ban sage-grouse listing.
* COURT MAINTAINS STAY OF METHANE RULE. Appeals panel agrees with O&G industry, for now. But Tenth Circuit keeps lawsuit alive, for now.
* ANWR STILL ON FAST TRACK; DEMS DISAGREE. BLM does not extend EIS scoping period, keeps ball rolling. Dems fail to block in approps bill.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.