Index to Public Lands News of November 17, 2017
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* SENATE COMMITTEE APPROVES ANWR LEASING. Endorses O&G development in a close vote. Senate floor may be more difficult. CBO backs Murkowski estimate of $1.1B in revenues. First sale of 400,000-plus acres.
* ANOTHER ATTEMPT NEARS TO END FIRE BORROWING. Twenty-eight Senate Dems see upcoming disaster bill as logical vehicle to resolve problem.
* AGENCIES, HILL WORKING TO END WITHDRAWALS. GOP recommends revocation of Grand Canyon withdrawal, along with sage-grouse, river withdrawals.
* DEMS GET THE JUMP ON METHANE COMMENTS. House and Senate members say DoI should keep BLM rule. But industry says DoI or courts will revoke.
* HOUSE COMMITTEE APPROVES STATE O&G POWERS. Would allow states to both decide on permits and manage operations. Paired with OCS openings.
* WAY OPENED FOR ACTION ON SAGE-GROUSE PLANS. With 15 field hearings over BLM can turn its attention to making changes that Zinke suggested.
* ENVIROS PUSH FOR PUBLIC LANDS RETENTION. Even though FLPMA says that is the law greens want DoI to write a rule to make doubly certain.
* ESA BILLS DELAYED IN HOUSE. As big tax bill eats up all the oxygen. Measures may be the forerunner of major changes in the law.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.