Index to Public Lands News of October 11, 2019
Index to the current issue:
* PENDLEY KEPT ON AS BLM BOSS. Until January, despite objections from Democratic senators. They object to public land disposal stances.
* SENATORS SEEK PILT, SRS EXTENSIONS. Twelve Republicans and 19 Democrats ask leadership to put up money for two years by end of this year.
* APPROPRIATORS FACE TOUGH CONFERENCE. Senate committee and full House disagree on riders and money. Are in accord on BLM move and fire.
* STATES PRESS ENDANGERED SPECIES LAWSUIT. Object to three FWS rules that would give economics greater say in listing, among other things.
* JUDGE RENDERS SPLIT ENERGY ROYALTY DECISION. Issues injunction against Obama administration coal rule but not against oil and gas rule.
* BLM CREATES ANWR CLIMATE CHANGE CONTROVERSY. Asserts in footnote planet not in global warming crisis. Projects minimal O&G lease impacts.
* BLM move continues with stalled money bill. ALTHOUGH HOUSE AND SENATE MEMBERS OPPOSE, THEIR FY 2020 approps bill may be too late on scene.
* ONLY ONE BADGER-TWO O&G LEASE LEFT. After agreement to retire Moncrief lease. Only Solenex lease of 47 original leases still remains.
* MONUMENTS REDUCTION LAWSUITS SURVIVE CHALLENGE. Court refuses to throw out suits objecting to Bears Ears shrinkage. Procedural test.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.