Index to Public Lands News of January 19, 2018
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* WILL HILL EXTEND SPENDING, OR CLOSE GOVERNMENT? Congress on verge of approving interim approps for another month. But hard lines on total spending, immigration and disaster assistance may prevent action.
* GOP MOVING AT WARP SPEED ON MONUMENTS SHRINKAGE. BLM begins work on Bears Ears and Grand Staircase plans. House panel attempting to codify.
* HOUSE GOP LIKES TRUMP ENERGY PROGRAMS. Subcommittee members from West endorse Trump rules, ask faster action on leases. Dems see damage.
* COURT DISMISSES BUNDY LAWSUIT; CATTLE REMOVAL ASKED. Judge throws out lawsuit, charging withheld evidence. Critics say BLM should act.
* ZINKE LAYS OUT SWEEPING DOI REORGANIZATION. Would consolidate agencies within 13 regions and combine offices. Jewell warns of costs.
* DEMS SEEK FRACKING JUSTIFICATION DOCUMENTS. House members ask, what justified change of course in two years? Seek DoI orders to BLM.
* NEW BISHOP STRATEGY FOR ESA, NEPA REVISIONS. May attempt to attach law changes to big infrastructure bill to insulate from Senate critics.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.