Index to Public Lands News of October 20, 2017
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* SENATE CLOSE TO KEY ANWR VOTE. As part of FY 2018 budget. Would set the stage for a ‘reconciliation’ bill to approve leasing in the coastal plain of ANWR. Close vote expected as GOP fears defections.
* COCHRAN AILMENT DELAYS SENATE MONEY PANEL. Subcommittee mark-up of FY 2018 appropriations bill put off, but chair is back on duty.
* HOUSE APPROVES FIRE MONEY FOR LAST YEAR. As conflagrations in California kill more than 40, do untold damage to property. FS pitches in.
* HOUSE COMMITTEE APPROVES MONUMENTS LIMITS. Bishop bill would forbid a
President from designating monuments larger than 85,000 acres.
* BILL WOULD LET STATES MANAGE ENERGY PERMITS. House committee hears predictable pro-and-con response to measure to delegate APD powers.
* TRUMP SAGE-GROUSE POLICY MAY AFFECT LITIGATION. If and when BLM and FS modify plans, enviros will surely ramp up lawsuit already in place.
* NOMINEES LACKING, BUT DOI GETS SOME LEADERS. DoI names six senior staffers, including Steed as BLM number two. Top posts are empty.
* YEAR-LONG CAMPAIGN FOR LWCF LAUNCHED. Bipartisan coalition promises to work every week for lead conservation program. Trump ambiguity.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.