Index to Public Lands News of May 19, 2017
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* LATE APPROPS REQUEST PUTS HILL UNDER GUN. FY 2018 budget expected on 23rd. Will post reduction details. Appropriators must move fast.
* DOI HALTS ADVISORY PANELS, EXPLANATION ASKED. More than 200 groups shut down, including 38 BLM RACs. Zinke starting over. Dems are upset.
* SOME CRITICISM OF DOI NUMBER TWO. Cantwell posts objections to Bernhardt at Interior. A few names circulated for NPS boss, little elsewhere.
* SENATE VOTE LEAVES METHANE RULE IN PLACE. CRA resolution to revoke rule fails in 51-to-49 vote. Rule critics turn to courts, DoI review.
* MONUMENTS REVIEW INPUT IMMEDIATE. Critics, backers of Obama actions in Utah offer early input. May 26 deadline. Zinke takes a tour.
* DOI LEADS FIGHT AGAINST ENERGY RULES. Now that Congress has not acted on resolutions to repeal them. Could be a long, hard admin slog.
* CONSERVATIVES ENTER CRA LAWSUIT. Pacific Legal taking on enviro lawsuit on law unconstitutionality. Says resolution enactment proves it.
* API OFFERS COMPLEX POSITION ON ROYALTY RULE. Although it backs repeal of rule, API says it accepts central tenet of indexing, sometimes Page 14
* IBLA decisions.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.
* FEDERAL PARKS & RECREATION ADDENDUM.