Index to Public Lands News of August 3, 2018
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* FS PROJECTS WILDFIRE SHORTAGE OF $555 MILLION. In FY 2018 emergency aid. Perdue notifies Hill of shortage. Congress put up an extra $500 million, but that’s not enough. Horrific season hits before ‘fix’ kicks in.
* INFRASTRUCTURE BILL A ROUTE FOR ESA, NEPA REWRITE? Draft House bill now on table. Possible target for numerous ESA and NEPA revisions.
* AS PROMISED, SENATE PASSES RIDERLESS MONEY BILL. Well, relatively few, compared to House-passed bill. Trump Wall demands threaten bill.
* SENATE, HOUSE FAIRLY CLOSE ON MONEY IN BILLS. In contrast to wide gap on riders. Senate approves measure with $900M extra for wildfires.
* SENATE GIVES DOD BILL FINAL APPROVAL. Conferees dropped House provisions on sage-grouse, critical minerals and speedy military withdrawals.
* FARM BILL FUTURE IN CONFERENCE UNCLEAR. House and Senate approved quite different bills, including on wildfire. Conference is delayed.
* COMPETING AGENCY MAINTENANCE BILLS ON DECK. At least four proposals would tap energy revenues to spruce up lands. Vary on agencies affected.
* FLOOD OF PUBLIC LANDS BILLS INTRODUCED. When that happens, an omnibus bill is sometimes close behind. Finding engine to pull train not easy.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.