Index to Public Lands News of April 20, 2018
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* FARM BILL INCLUDES MAJOR FOREST PROVISIONS. Would extend categorical exclusions to dozens of projects and authorize roadless actions.
* ZINKE SAYS HE WILL CONSULT ON REORGANIZATION. In sweeping House hearing he says he will talk to all interests. Addresses other issues.
* EISS TO BE HASTENED IN NEW TRUMP POLICY. As part of infrastructure plan. All departments pledge to rule on projects with EISs in two years.
* GAO SEES HEIGHTENED RISK FROM COAL BONDS. Questions practice of self-bonding. Dems jump on report to demand OSM act to end practice.
* ZINKE: ENERGY NOT PART OF MONUMENT DECISIONS. Says he did not consider oil and gas and uranium in recommendations to shrink Utah sites.
* ENVIROS SEEK BLM METHANE RULE RESTORATION. Notify Tenth Circuit they will file suit to overcome judge order to block. Third court to act.
* DOI IG FAULTS ZINKE NEVADA FLIGHT. Says DoI should not have paid $12,375 for flight because it was not department-related. Dems attack.
* ZINKE SUGGESTS WILD HORSE POLICIES. Raises possibility of moving excess to Indian lands. Promotes birth control. Euthanization in budget.
* LOTS OF OBSTACLES IN FRONT OF TRUMP WALL. Congress not playing ball. Lawsuits cranked up. Still, Trump has court opinion on his side.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.