Index to Public Lands News of July 13, 2018
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* ‘COMPROMISE’ BILL WOULD USE ENERGY MONEY TO FIX PARKS. DoI endorses bill to use existing (not new) energy revenues for NPS maintenance.
* HOUSE READIES FOR PUBLIC LANDS MONEY BILL. May come up next week. Would give critics an opportunity to attack environmental restrictions.
* TRUMP PARDONS HAMMONDS ON ARSON CHARGE. Their sentence led to Malheur occupation in 2016. Rep. Walden said prison sentence was extreme.
* BISHOP GIVEN MAJOR ROLE IN DOD BILL. In House-Senate conference. Will allow him to boost mining permit, sage-grouse, withdrawal provisos.
* FARM BILL READY FOR CONFAB, MINUS COTTONWOOD. House bill includes several wildfire provisions, but no house addresses Cottonwood decision.
* BARRASSO ADVOCATES ESA RECOVERY REFORMS. Proposes legislation to give states more say. He says listing, consultation not only problems.
* SEN. LEE REVIVES FED LAND TRANSFER DEBATE. Proposes three bills to speed land transfers, curb monuments and expand uses of fed lands.
* WESTERN GOVERNORS WARM TO BLM METHANE RULE. Say it is an important issue. But governors also insist that states should play important role.
* HOUSE PANEL ADDS FIFTH PRO-ENERGY BILL. Approves measure to allocate energy revenues to education. Other four bills would speed APDs.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.