Index to Public Lands News of July 14, 2017
Index to the current issue:
In the attached issue. . .
* HOUSE PANEL WOULD REDUCE SPENDING. In Interior bill by $824 million. Still, that’s significantly less than the $4.3B chop requested by Trump. Land management, fire fighting both lower. Big wolf amendment in.
* GREENS SAY BLM ALSO MAY NOT DELAY METHANE REG. A week after a court said EPA may not delay implementation, enviros take BLM rule to court.
* ZINKE WOULD ACCELERATE APD REVIEWS. And lock in quarterly sales. But critics could trip up attempts to speed because of mandatory NEPA and ESA reviews.
* OUTDOOR INDUSTRY FIRES MONUMENTS WARNING SHOT. Pulls annual conference out of Utah because of monument criticism as comment period ends.
* SENATE MAY MOVE QUICKLY ON ENERGY BILL. McConnell puts it on agenda. However, health bill, nominations expected to have priority.
* ZINKE CONSIDERS NEW BLM PLANNING RULE. Asks public comment on possible rule to replace Obama 2.0 rule that Congress wiped out with CRA.
* FIRES FLARE, PUTTING HEAT ON CONGRESS. NIFC counts 47 major fires, expects lots more. Could spur fire borrowing and put Hill on spot.
* ANOTHER TRIAL OF BUNDY ALLIES UNDERWAY. Second-tier supporters of rancher in Nevada standoff now in court. Bundy trial expected in fall.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* CONFERENCE CALENDAR.