Index to Public Lands News of August 2, 2019
Index to the current issue:
* UTAH BLM REDOING O&G LEASE SALE NEPA WORK. Faced with lawsuits charging that DNAs are inadequate in complying with NEPA before sales. Bureau suspended 138 leases across 204,000 acres in San Rafael country.
* DOI MAY GET BLM MOVE ROLLING QUICKLY. Dems will attempt to block move in FY 2020, but may be late because DoI has $5.6 million on hand now.
* BLM NEVADA HOLDS ANOTHER BIG O&G SALE. And once again receives few competitive bids, setting up ‘speculative’ noncompetitive sale.
* BLM COMPLETES BEARS EARS PLANS, TO COMPLAINTS. Enviros, Natives and sportsmen object to plans for reduced monument. Legality question.
* CONGRESS NEARS OKAY OF BUDGET WITH DOMESTIC CAP. Senate vote last hurdle. Would open the way for individual money bills. Rider fights left.
* PACKED FALL ADMINISTRATIVE AGENDA. First up is moving BLM out of town. On table are truncated FS EIS procedure, hard rock mining policy.
* LIMITED FALL HILL AGENDA. Political gridlock limits both parties’ bills, but measure to use energy money for agency maintenance may move.
* IBLA DECISIONS.
* BOXSCORE OF LEGISLATION.